Wow! The Jean Kilbourne video was pretty scary. I knew some of this stuff, but obviosly not as much as I thought. I remember Love's Baby Soft products. They were very popular when I was growing up. Even I wanted to have some. I never realized what the manufacturers were actually telling me. What a disappointment! Maybe that is part of their strategy. Young children may learn the moves, but not know what they mean.
This video really makes me angry and insulted. I work hard to raise my family and support them. The last thing I need for for companies to imply that I am weak, insignificant, not good enough for men, and totally worthless. If men are so great, why do women do most of the work? No wonder crimes against women are so rampant. Society is teaching boys that women are nothing more than punching bags. UGH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment