Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day Three

The Story of Stuff

Wow! It is hard for me to describe the flood of emotions that went through me as I watched this video. The government as a tank. Really? They couldn't think of any other way to represent our government. I don't know when this video was made, but I am sure that my local Radio Shack doesn't sell any radios for only $4.99. Even if it is green. Who actually thinks about what it costs to make the "stuff" that we are buying. Except to complain that it costs too much. Maybe the point was to make us think about it. But then what do we do? If I think I am not paying the full price for something that I am buying, should I offer to pay more? That would be stupid on my part. Even if I did, would the extra money really go to the little girl in China would made the product? I doubt it!

On reflection, the video did make some good points that we all should think about. However, buying more "stuff" is definitely not the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment